AMERICAN COUSINS
American Cousins (cert 15)
Friday 13 May, 20:00 (£5)
The Shed (Main Hall)
The opening film of the festival will be the BAFTA nominated American Cousins with an intro and Q&A from writer (and southsider) Sergio Casci.

Casci has said of the festival "as a Southsider born and bred I’m immensely proud to be taking part in the first-ever Southside Film Festival. I fell in love with cinema at the Toledo in Muirend and always dreamed of seeing one of my own films there. Though the closure of that wonderful old theatre ten years ago scuppered my ambition, Karen O’Hare’s fabulous new venture means that I will at last be able to watch the first film I ever wrote – American Cousins – in the place where I grew up."

American Cousins tells the story of two American mafiosi, Gino (Danny Nucci) and Settimo (Dan Hedaya), who take refuge in the Glasgow cafe owned by their Scottish/Italian cousin. But cousin Roberto (Gerald Lepkowski) isn't the tough guy they'd expected. His strengths are fish frying and stamp collecting, and he thinks Magnum 45s are a type of ice cream. Gino and Settimo try to repay Roberto's hospitality by chasing off a debt collector who wants his property, but their strong arm tactics alarm him and he realises they aren't the PR consultants they claimed to be…

**Pre film Meal & Movie deal at Bellini, Shawlands - pizza & glass of wine or beer and film ticket all for £12.50, available now** (Purchase tickets for this from Bellini)

{poster for american cousins}

By Kiara with

    • Popular
    • Categories
    • Archives